- The Value of Knowing How God Saved You: “Whether you or I remember it or not, we were all once spiritually ‘dead,’ and therefore ‘children of wrath.’ This is true even if we never remember being an unbeliever. You have it on God’s authority. ‘You were dead in trespasses and sins . . . and were by nature children of wrath like the rest of mankind’ (Ephesians 2:1, 3). All humans are, or were, spiritually dead. That’s what Paul means by ‘like the rest of mankind.’ That’s what God saved us out of.”
- The Strange and Wonderful Miracle of Feeling Loved by God: “One of the things he tells me in the Bible is that he loved Israel from all eternity in a way differently from the way he loves the other nations. And then he tells me that there is a true Israel made up of believers in the Messiah Jesus, whom he has loved from all eternity in a way differently from the way he loves other people. This is jarring.”
- King Jesus on Your Campus: Several great articles and resources for ministering to other’s on your college campus.
- “God uses men who are weak and feeble enough to lean on him.” —Hudson Taylor
- “Not even in this world does sin pay its servants good wages.” —C.H. Spurgeon
- “If we only spent more of our time in looking at Him we should soon forget ourselves.” —Martyn Lloyd-Jones